Friday, July 22, 2011

Anti-social Butterfly

Anti-social Butterfly 



It's almost that time of year again for me.  My vacation will soon be over and I'll have to work with people, again.  I prefer dealing with imaginary characters because I know I am anti-social.  I wasn't always like that, but since I'm dealing with a different culture, I find it easier to keep to myself than accidentally insult someone.  I wonder how many other people feel like this. 



Anti-social Butterfly
By Nomar Knight

I here you claim to be anti-social
So you sit away from everyone
Eat alone as if you're hoping
To become invisible
I see you! Do you see me?

You react with disdain
When our peers gossip
You're about respect
Afraid to get burned
I see you! Do you see me?

Pretty people try and say hi
Your mouth curves
Eyes wander round
Thinking why do they bother
I see you! Do you see me?

Sometimes you forget
And smile at someone
Say the nicest things
Yet I wonder why you're alone
I see you! Do you see me?

You may think you're fooling
Everyone who glances at you
Not realizing I know a secret
You're a kind soul
I see you! Do you see me?

Don't have to be afraid
Though we are human
You may get hurt
If you decide to care
I see you! Do you see me?

So be prepared
For I'm a coming
To bug you until
We become friends because
I see you! Now look at me!



©2011 Nomar Knight. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Poem.

4 comments:

  1. I fall in the introverted side most times, too. Although, it's claimed I'm borderline.

    Any rate, I related to the images and sentiments in your poem. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem, Nomar!

    Believe it or not, I am an introvert who kicked himself in the ass one day and said,"Get with it Bozo!" In the face is still tough because I stutter, but I'm working on it. Online is a snap because it's so easy to just jump right in. My fingers don't stutter on the keyboard.

    I know what you're saying about different cultures. In China, the words for pheasant and hooker are very close. Watch what you order at a restaurant.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Wonderful Blaze! Yes, the internet gives introverts a confidence that they would be hard pressed to have in the flesh & blood world. I'm also aware of different meanings in word play when it comes to cultures.

    M Pax, thanks for commenting. I'm sure you're not borderline darling, but more of a writer and we all tend to cherish our alone time since that's when we are at our creative best.

    Have a great day you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://antisocialbutterflying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete