Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Dark Road by J. M. Almodovar




Meet J. M. Amodovar, she's a special teen with lots of talent. She is a kind soul and an outstanding student with a heavenly voice. This young lady will go far and I'm grateful for having met her. Please enjoy her poetry.


The Dark Road
by J. M. Almodovar

Light enters my window
I drown in its sunlight again
My heart aches from all the pain
Why can't we all be the same?

The dark road to oblivion is just a step away
I can jump that cliff
Lose myself again
Give everything away

I've seen it all before
The way I waste my life
I dive into obscurity
Waiting to crash and burn
 
Someone save my life!

Scorch my ashes
Set me free...

In the darkness of the tunnel
I can see a light
Once again, I ignore the warning in my heart
It's screaming,
"Let me fly!"

The world is a sick place
It seems the only one who notices is me
My heart bleeds again
Drowning in the emptiness of each rotten soul

Why must we be so evil?
Why must we be so cruel?
I can't help but to feel hollow,
Crushed to my very soul

The world drowns
Everyone's seen the empty shell I've become inside
They are all laughing at me
Looking at the skeleton I've turned out to be

Without thinking
I sprint towards the light
I have to keep running
Dark to light

God is around the corner
If I could just reach him,
He'd be my peace

I can't help the world
So, I'll help myself...

Even with darkness creeping behind me
I'll try not to let it destroy me
But to bring out the beauty in me
Flowering into what I was meant to be
 
 
 
© Copyright J. M. Almodovar 2014. All rights reserved.
J. M. Almodovar has granted Knight Chills non-exclusive rights to display this work.

© Copyright Nomar Knight 2014. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Guest Blogger Poetry Presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment