Saturday, January 24, 2015

You Are Amazing!




Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. ~Benjamin Spock


You Are Amazing
by Nomar Knight



     One of the deficiencies I notice most in my students and unfortunately, have seen in myself at times is lack of self-confidence. It's no coincidence that I found this to be a negative family trait. Usually a parent unknowingly transfers their own self apprehensions to their children. I say it doesn't have to be like this. Trying to motivate students is difficult enough, especially when I sometimes question my own abilities. While some people may believe self defeating notions are born from a natural propensity to accepting failure on a subconscious level, I think questioning ones ability to succeed is learned behavior.
     Fortunately, the condition of self doubt is completely reversible. A positive frame of mind, together with self positive reinforcement, can lead you on the road to success. I can attest to positive reinforcement knocking down barriers and opening up a new world of possibilities since I have seen students eliminate negative thinking and accomplish more than they ever thought possible.
     So the next time you find yourself saying you can't do something, or you're not good enough, I say, "Says who?" Ignore the negative voices, surround yourself with supportive people. Adopt the I-can-do-anything-because-I-know-I-can-attitude and before you know it, your life will change for the better.
     Trust yourself and be amazed at what you can do.


Nomar Knight


© Copyright Nomar Knight 2015. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment