Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fractured by Nomar Knight

Fractured
By Nomar Knight


I smile to sell illusion
My laughter is all the rage
A mask hides confusion
Yet I'm stuck in a cage

Ready to keep busy
Maintain a quiet presence
Dark thoughts make me dizzy
Brought down by hard lessons

I'm fractured inside
And nobody cares
Feelings I do hide
So they don't all stare

Heart bleeds dry
Not like they notice
Can't see me cry
Got to maintain focus

I'm fractured inside
Yet I get up every day
Will the pain subside
Must be a better way

To hear her voice once more
Would mend these old bones
Fractured to the core
Always so alone

Each night I go to bed
With no one at my side
Soon I'll be dead
All fractured inside


©2016 Nomar Knight. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills poetic presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment