Saturday, November 8, 2014

Push My Play Button by Nomar Knight





Push My Play Button
By Nomar Knight

Before you came along

Words didn't turn into song

In a crowd yet alone

Got used to being on my own

Like the radio was stuck

A sad dude without luck


Then one day I found you

Didn't know what to do

Words began to rhyme

Kept losing track of time

If you push play

What would they say


You came to say hi

Lovely lips so shy

The hug pushed play

Loneliness went away

In a crowd yet only saw you

I hadn't had a clue


Push my play button baby

Forgot about maybe

Just you and I together

Dancing sweetness forever

Never want it to end

Then you left again


Torture this mystical cause

Like my life was stuck in pause

Your voice lingered in dreams

Almost fell apart at the seams

But fate has its own mind

It's love together we find


Push my play button please

Put my mind at ease

Let's sing our songs together

Don't matter the weather

Through the cold or heat

Let's sway to passion's beat


Yes baby push my play button




©2014 Nomar Knight. All rights reserved.
A Nomar Knight Poem.

1 comment: