Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goodbye with Style by Bernadette Marie







Goodbye with Style

by Bernadette Marie


I grab the blade, I deeply press
Along my arm, in red, I dress;
So warm it flows, and drips like lace....
Distinctive smell, metallic taste.

So quickly does my dark mood lift-
I dream of stars as my mind does drift.
Sleepy now, and my lips do smile,
As life is slipping away all the while.

Oh, what a shame, the pearls, blood-stained...
And as they say, aren't easily gained.
But the flowers, though fresh;
Still smell like death,
And my beautiful corpse has champagne breath.


© Copyright Bernadette Marie 2012. All rights reserved.
Bernadette Marie has granted Knight Chills non-exclusive rights to display this work.

© Copyright Nomar Knight 2012. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Guest Blogger Poetry Presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment