Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The High Jacking of Knight Chills

To Nomar Knight's readers, please forgive him for not writing in his blog. As for me, I'm miffed at him.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Quality Jones and I'm one of Nomar's new characters. I have taken it upon myself to be a guest blogger since he's busy paying attention to two of his oldest characters. Well, not old in age but in their acquaintance. He's busy jotting down the adventures of Lieutenant Harold Woods, a clairvoyant homicide detective, and a psycho named Juan Sanchez who goes by the name Paco. It seems Mr. Knight thinks that a couple of missing children are more important than my story.

Like I mentioned before, I'm Quality Jones and I'm a time traveler. I've been jumping into wormholes, chasing after my fiance's killer. An organization I work for, who doesn't officially exist in Mr. Knight's modern era, calls my nemesis, Jack. Mr. Knight has interesting theories about the loser because he is also a time traveler. Personally, I don't care who he is, I just know I must stop him from killing more women. When last Mr. Knight probed into my life, I had just barely survived an encounter with Jack. An attractive police detective Grace Stevens, who by the way, looks like an older version of my fiance, was ready to question me about the macabre events when suddenly, time stopped.

Ha, I'm a time traveler. I feel crawling sensations in my body like a thousand spiders stabbing me with sharp needles when I'm inside one of those wormholes. There are drawbacks I have to live with like reappearing at a new location or new time, naked. Does Mr. Knight have no decency? After he puts me through the ringer and makes me jump through hurdles, not necessarily over them, I have to wait in literary oblivion until he's done examining the lives of other characters?

Well, I have more than a gripe with you Mr. freakin' attention deficit disorder Knight! I want you to hurry up and tell my story. Make me one with the universe. I don't know, but I feel that I'm not the only character you've left hanging. Hmm. Wait a second. I hear a noise outside. Let me go investigate.

Investigation done. It was just a black cat, probably another character from one of his short stories. She didn't seem too pleased to see me.

"Where's Nomar?"

A feminine voice distracted me from my rant. When I glanced at the direction from whence it came there was no one there. I muttered, "Don't tell me a ghost is pissed at him too."

"I'm not a ghost."

I glanced in the opposite direction and came face to face with the most beautiful pair of green eyes I had ever seen. A young, pale looking female about 16 or 17 stood at a breath's pace. "Mr. Knight is not here today." I was going to volunteer information until I realized, she may be dangerous. There was something about her that didn't look quite normal.

"I can read minds you know." she grinned.

The only thing I could say was, "Huh?"

"I'm Countess Lorraina Sandoval. I'm a real vampire."

The thought process began kicking in slowly. I should have registered danger but this insane woman was gorgeous.

"I'm not insane."

I gasped, "You really can read minds!"

She flashed perfect white teeth. Was that fangs I saw?

"Who are you?" Her words sounded like soft music, her low tone lulled me.

"I'm a guest blogger."

"That's strange, Nomar doesn't strike me as someone that would allow someone else to write for him."

I must have smirked because she sneered at me. "How long have you known Mr. Knight?"

"Nomar attempted to write my first book 8 years ago. He wasn't ready then. It was all too overwhelming." She flashed a long black fingernail and gently stroked my chin.

To be honest, I thought she was going to slice my throat.

"Tempting darling, but these nights, I'm very selective who I eat."

I grimaced. Why couldn't I remember that she reads minds?

She continued, "Nomar tried to rush my story. He wanted to put it all down in one book. I visited him a couple of months ago and he promised he'd dedicate this summer to me."

"Well, I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but he lied."

Her eyes grew wide. She stared at me like a starved lioness about to jump on a fat buffalo. "Er, what I mean is, that he's putting the finishing touches on a novel and he mentioned something about summoning you before the summer is over."

She flashed a smile again and this time allowed me to see her fangs. Sharp suckers. She blew me a kiss and pointed at my screen. I couldn't believe I was dumb enough to fall for such a simple deceptive move. When I glanced back in her direction, she was gone.

New message to Mr. Knight. I suggest you get the vampire book done because something tells me your life will change drastically if you don't. I'm a new character. I can wait. Although, I'd love for you to unfreeze me and at least at your leisure, let me live, even if it's within the virtual pages of your computer.


Your new friend and protagonist,

Quality Jones, timetraveler

P.S. When are you going to get around to naming my story?

No comments:

Post a Comment