Sunday, October 9, 2011

Haunted Eyes






Haunted Eyes
By Nomar Knight

Haunted by the essence of you
I thought time healed wounds
But I’m still feeling blue
And if we don't connect soon

Another piece of me dies

Some folks have ghosts in their attic
Mine appear when I shut my eyes
No sense in acting erratic
Wishing I had a chance at goodbye

Something else inside dies

Thought I heard your voice
Cutting through pouring rain
Separation wasn't my choice
Don't know how to rid this pain

Can't believe it was all lies

Roam the earth with haunted eyes
Hoping this nightmare will end
Silent tears remind me why
Broken whispers won't mend

Once again something dies

If I could cast a spell on you
Make things better than before
I'd show how my love is true
If you'd only open the door

Then these haunted eyes won't die


©2011 Nomar Knight. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment