Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Flash Me: Accepting Submissions

One of my favorite things to do at this blog is to read other writer's work, be it flash fiction or poetry.  Normally, today I would feature a short story writer, but alas, I've run out of material to share.  Of course, I could make this blog solely about my work, but I prefer treating my readers to a variety of writing styles and talent.

Tomorrow I'll either have to share a poem of mine or post something else, if anything, because I don't have other poetry to share with you either.

If you are a writer and would like extra exposure, feel free to submit a flash fiction story between 300 words and 2000 words.  Poetry in the range of 150 words to 450 words will be welcomed.  Send your submissions to knightchills@gmail.com under the heading Short Story Submissions or Poetry Submissions.  For short stories please submit one story only, so send in your best.  For poetry, you may submit up to 2 poems. Please keep the ratings content in the PG or R range. 

Although Knight Chills is about Horror, I do enjoy reading a variety of genres and I particularly like it when a couple of genres are mixed.  So besides Horror or Dark Fiction, I'd like to read Dark Romance, Science Fiction that's on the dark side, Dark Comedy or witty comedy.  As for poetry, it doesn't have to be dark, just well written.  Please don't send limericks since they are too short. Poems can be either Free Verse or poems that Rhyme.

One of the most popular poems on Knight Chills was written by Bren Freeman.  It's not a dark poem at all and our readers enjoyed it immensely.

I hope to read your submissions as early as today.  Reprints are welcomed and as always, the writer retains full rights to his/her work.

Also, if anyone has written any informative articles about horror or writing horror and you'd like to be a guest blogger on Knight Chills, feel free to send me an email. 

I look forward to corresponding with you.

See you on the dark side.

Nomar Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment