Monday, November 22, 2010

Twisted Games: SAW 3D VII - Movie Review








     There’s never a more entertaining evening than when I sit in a movie theater and watch body parts fly past me.  All right, so watching the seventh installment of something may not seem like a promising way to spend a boring Saturday evening, but SAW 3D VII managed to showcase a few more creative ways to torture someone.  The entire premise promised to tie up some loose ends and make us wonder if our next door neighbor, the one that’s always building stuff in his garage, can edge out new ways to kill the neighborhood’s wretched fools. 

     Here’s what they wrote in the official Saw.com website: “As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaws brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror.”





SAW 3D VII (2010) Trailer Official
Cargado por Underek. - Mira películas y shows de TV enteros.


     I can say with certainty, the plot was a sideshow that I didn’t particularly care much about.  As a writer, I appreciated the mechanical intricacies of setting up the traps which have been the main reason why the SAW movies have been popular with gore aficionados.  Personally, I enjoy watching the characters as they grasp their morbid reality.  I particularly enjoy it when a character must race against time to save another.  Now, thank goodness I’m not a psychologist, but after the constant psychological torture that Bobby Dagen endures, I wonder if a real person wouldn’t just wish to die. 

     The bottom line here is that I hope this is the last installment.  While this movie did a bit of mild entertaining, I tend to gravitate toward horror that has more of a kick, plot wise. Nevertheless, if you’re a big SAW fan, then why not spend a little time, cringing and squirming in your seat.  Some of the gimmicks used in this one were way brutal and as usual, the victims deserved what they got coming to them.  I only wish that the writers could spend more time on characterization and make us care why the fools were killed in the first place. As body parts flew by me, I distinctively heard the person behind me ask, “Pass the popcorn, please.” I felt like saying, “Would you like extra butter with that limb?” 

      Don’t forget my friends, the next time you’re at a horror movie, pay attention to the strange looking man sitting near you, you may never know if he’s a homicidal maniac hell-bent on following you home afterwards, or little old me.  

See you on the dark side. 

Nomar Knight

Knight Chills gives SAW 3D VII, 3 kills out of a possible 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment