Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Do You Dare Lose Yourself?



Do You Dare Lose Yourself?

The phrase is stuck in my head and yes, Eminem’s voice is singing it.  Perhaps I’ll react to his song with a poem on another occasion, but for now; I rather concentrate on the opening line.
“Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you’ve ever wanted with one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?”
How many times do we let opportunities slip away either because we fail to recognize the golden moment, or we’re too scared to try? 
I’m grateful when doors open for me and I’ve improved with the things I love doing most.  Writing is my passion, but I’m also a teacher.  The best part about teaching for me is basking in my students’ accomplishments.  This semester I have two students who have joined the ranks of published poets.  The strange thing is that one of them I don’t impact directly in that she’s not officially my student.  Sure, she takes classes with another teacher, but her stalking me has paid off.  She shows me something she’s written, I politely tell her it sucks.  She throws her notebook on the floor in anger.  I pick it up, tell her she’s telling and not showing.  She gets it.  Rewrites it and suddenly, publishable poetry oozes out of her.  (Beams with pride).
Yes, it feels good to go after what you want and get it.  I recently completed my novella, Burning Love and tomorrow I’ll post the final scene here.  While Knight Chills readers won’t be getting another taste of Candy and her escapades in this blog, a novel will be in the works after I complete the manuscript for my supernatural thriller, Darkness Roams.    
Well, it’s time for me to get back for both sides of who I am are screaming for me to get back to work.  It’s time to lose myself in the moment. 
Do you dare lose yourself?
        Catch you on the side of success, no matter how many times we try and how long it takes us. Peace!

            Nomar Knight


© Copyright Nomar Knight 2011. All rights reserved. 
A Knight Chills presentation.

2 comments:

  1. I also love that song, and the idea of letting opportunities pass is all too real. I think many times fear of failure stops people, or at least does me. But, like you I'm trying to face it more and take what I want:-) Great blog buddy.

    ReplyDelete