Monday, June 20, 2011

Dead Inside





Dead Inside
By Nomar Knight

I smile through lying eyes
Afraid to show my secret
Love to hear you laugh
Though you can't see
How selfishness kills me

My heart stings
And every day time passes
Courage escapes
Leaving dust
Where love once stood

Tired of pretending
All is right
When we both know
Circumstance beat opportunity
Casting shadows of doubt

Even though all is lost
I hear you sleep
Finding a moments peace
In my aching arms
My soul shivers

Delight a faded memory
Isolation drowns hope
And I wonder
Is it too late
Am I dead inside


© Copyright Nomar Knight 2011. All rights reserved. 
A Knight Chills poem.

2 comments:

  1. This one I'm marking sad because it is sad. Very well written and very honest. Thank you for sharing this.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty deep.... loved the emotions in this.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete