Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Living In Shadows




Living in Shadows
By Nomar Knight

Forced to live in shadows
A prisoner of circumstance
Wounded by love's bows
Hoping for a glimpse of you

The days drag through
Like an ant I keep moving
Lost in mystical realms
Telling myself you're alright

Then a lull brings grey clouds
Doubts rain on my thoughts
I wonder if you think about me
If we really are two parts of one

Torturous hours turn into days
Strangling what's left
Of my hopes and dreams
If only you'd find a way

Communication turns
Into the essence I need
For the sweet sound
Of your voice breathes life

It's no wonder I walk
In a daze side by side
With loneliness and worry
A lasso of fear tugs inside

Can't help but think
Every moment we're apart
What ties us together
May break like a fragile string


Written for OneStop Poetry Week 36. Check out their great poets here 
© Copyright Nomar Knight 2011. All rights reserved. 
A Knight Chills poem.

4 comments:

  1. mmm...i feel this...yeah, love can be so fragile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came from Dulce's "myduality"...and pleasantly surprised. A nice easy-to-read poem descriptive of the all-too-frequent human condition of being away from a loved one/lover. Thank you.
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for darkness, and various takes on affection. Obviously this was quite personal, so I give kudos for exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That connection is tenuous and you make the tension so alive through your words.
    Bravo

    Thanks for the One Shot

    ReplyDelete