Monday, January 5, 2015

Unleash the Power Within by Nomar Knight




Unleash the Power Within

By Nomar Knight


There are times I wonder why the world conspires against me. It seems I'm good at stringing numerous days when I lose myself and can't get anything done. It's as if outside influences come together for the sole purpose of distracting me, keeping me away from the things I love to do.  

Of course, that's all a bunch of malarkey. I believe we attract negative or positive outcome by our demeanor, our philosophy of life. While it may be a challenge to find the good in a bad situation, it's important not to get hung up on gloomy scenarios. (Unless you plan on using them for writing horror). :-)

For all the times I have struggled to get things done, I realize the biggest culprit for when I fail to achieve my goals is me. I am my own worse enemy. When I miss deadlines, when I fail to take action to make things happen, I alone am responsible for my shortcomings.

It's unfortunate how many people are quick to blame their problems on others or even fate. They start playing the if only game. If only I were rich, if only I were slimmer, if only, if only. It's all a pointless waste of time. To truly discover the answers you seek, the possible cure for what ails you,  it's best to start with self examination. I don't mean a physical check for any anomalies throughout the body. I'm thinking more along the lines of a reality check.

Perhaps you're one of those people that attract strong, dominant types, like my character, Lorraina Sandoval. (aka, ruthless vampire goddess) Having someone around that treats you as inferior will zap your self-confidence. To regain control, you should ask yourself, "Am I push over?" If the answer is no then keep asking questions. Write down reasons why you think bad stuff happens to you. Now keep in mind that if you think you deserve to be punished then you should see a therapist,  pronto. However, if you're angry at yourself  for allowing bad things to throw you off your game then the solution is within reach. If your thinking affects your behavior and negativity surrounds you and you want things to change then change the way you think.

For many of life's scenarios, solutions can be found when clarity of thought is achieved. As for those curves that life throws at us, while the answers may be hidden deep within us, sometimes we have to wait for the right time. I always find that when I can't solve my problems, it's probably because I'm being dishonest with myself. That's when it's best to involve a close companion. True friends don't pull any punches.

Good luck to you, my friends, and don't let anyone stop you from keeping life positive, not even when the culprit is you.


Catch you on the dark side.


Nomar Knight 



 © Copyright Nomar Knight 2015. All rights reserved.
A Knight Chills Presentation.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment