Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Dance Begins by Alex Knight

The Dance Begins by Alex Knight



The Dance Begins
by Alex Knight

You softly beckon
Opening patio doors
I step out into the moonlight
Barefoot, I make my way
Pebbles and larger stones
Make their marks on my feet
The way your love made its
Mark on my heart
At water's edge my robe is shed
I arch my back stretch out my arms
Spinning slowly
I luxuriate in the warm zephyr
That caresses my body
The way your words caressed my mind
I know you're out there
Watching - waiting
Tilting my chin I purse my lips
Issuing an invitation that remains
Unanswered
Night after night
I follow my heart
To the water's edge
Perhaps tomorrow
I will continue my walk
And we will dance once more
Under the waves


A special thanks to our featured author, Alex Knight, for her lovely contribution to Knight Chills. 

© Copyright Alex Knight 2011. All rights reserved. 
Alex Knight has granted Knight Chills non-exclusive rights to display this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment