Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hanging on a String by Nomar Knight



Hanging on String
By Nomar Knight


My life is hanging on a string
Hot days ignite fever
Cold nights stalking dreams
Your face a fading ghost
Hidden behind walls of reality






My love is hanging on a string
This emptiness pushes to escape
If I bleed it will be the essence of you
Precarious twirl of love's chance
Constant battles against darkness





My heart is hanging on a string
Exposed for all to see
Ignited by fear and isolation
Sprung forth by hope and dreams
Erratic beats pound senseless tears





My soul is hanging on a string
A quiet place disturbed by time
Wondering of what could be
A maze of choices sing inside
Praying one day we'll be free


© Copyright Nomar Knight 2011. All rights reserved. 
A Knight Chills presentation.
 
For One Stop Poetry: here 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, another gorgeous flow of words. I really am enamored with 'precarious twirl'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you paint sucha precarious picture...i hope you are free as well...nice one shot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot days ignite fever, cold nights stalking dreams...I love that line

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on writing and don't let go. Know the feeling of putting yourself out there to someone and realizing perhaps a tenuous connection——can be painful. "Erratic beats pound senseless tears" Great line. Nice One Shot, Nomar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it "Precarious twirl of love's chance"
    really like that line

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nomar
    What a lovely presentation and with great images... I loved you last lines...
    "A quiet place disturbed by time"
    Perfect.

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spinning past the windowed images I get dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...just stunning. I especially love the last stanza. so many choices, so much hope. Ahh sweet feedom, that everyone could hear its bell and bask in the warmth of love deep and true.

    ReplyDelete